Powerful but straightforward audio recorder and editor
- Lots of editing features
- Great for recording vinyl and lectures
- Saves to most major formats
- Doesn't save to MP3 format without external framework
- No way to save EQ settings
This program can no longer be downloaded. You can look for alternatives in Editors & Managers.
Sound Studio is an easy to use but powerful application for recording and editing audio on your Mac.
It's ideal for anyone that wants to digitize tapes, vinyl records, record live performances, create their own mixes with crossfades, tweak levels and EQ settings, apply digital effects, and save the results in most major file formats. Alternatively, it's useful for anyone that wants to record and edit lectures, sermons, radio broadcasts and just about anything that you can record onto a digital audio recorder.
Note however that you can't save recording in MP3 format using Sound Studio and if you need to do this, you'll have to save it in an alternative format (such as AAC, AIFF or WAV) and then convert it with a third party application later. You also can't save audio normalization settings which is a bit frustrating if you need to make multiple recordings with the same noise levels.
However, Sound Studio is packed with handy powerful features such as the ability to layer sounds with multiple tracks, 24 different special effects (including fun ones like "monkey noises") and the ability to edit metadata for iTunes.
Sound Studio is a simple and feature-filled application for recording and editing your audio.
- * Fixed bug with saving Wave files with BWF data.
- * Fixed missing progress window during save.
- * Fixed bug with blank File Format popup with files with AAC and Apple Lossless files.
- * Fixed bug with canceling out of Save Selection As and subsequent save only saving the selection.
- * Fixed auto-scrolling during recording.
- * Fixed graphical bug with turning off input level meters.
- * Fixed bug with AppleScript Split command.